Do You Have Questions?

A list of frequently asked questions to help you understand how it works.

What sort of events do you attend?

The range of mobile bars that we offer are suitable for a wide variety of different temporary events, from weddings, corporate hospitality, new build open days, company product launches, sports events, festivals, outdoor concerts and equestrian events, just to give you a flavour of the diverse range of events our bars are suitable for.

How much notice do I need to give you to hire a mobile bar?

Due to the popularity of our mobile bars and also the timescales involved in obtaining temporary event notices should one be needed, it is always best to book your mobile bar hire as far in advance as possible. This applies for events throughout the year, but even more so if your planned event is taking place during the peak periods from spring through to early autumn.

How many people can you cater for?

Due to the fact that we have several vehicles, we can accommodate almost any size of event. Just let us know your requirements and we will customise a package for the bar, drinks and staff to service your event.

Do you provide staff?

Yes. Your bar will be staffed to the correct ratios to effectively service your event.

Do you provide glasses?

Glass can be too fragile for most occasions and since we have limited washing facilities (small hand bowl), this is why plastic glasses are the perfect alternative for us. Should you wish to use glass we can recommend a number of company’s where this can be hired from but you will need to consider washing facilities for the event.

All our mobile bars are fully stocked with either disposable glasses or Eco/Festival Cups.

If you need anything other than these, please speak to us about your requirements as we can normally accommodate your request.

What facilities are to be provided on-site?

Power must be made available. If this is not possible for you, then we are able to provide a generator to provide power. A small additional fee will be payable for this.

Also, we would need access to water and of course, we must be able to position the vehicles on some flat land/parking area (see FAQ section on our vehicles).

Our bars and what we can offer?

Who decides on the drinks you serve?

Wherever possible, we do our utmost to accommodate your preferences based on budget and taste.

Do you offer draught beer and ciders?

Our converted vehicle bars are equipped with draught beer coolers for serving draught beers, ciders, fizz (aka Prosecco/Sparking Wine) and cocktails

What sort of bars do you hire?

We specialise in outdoor events utilising our converted vehicles as bars to give your event a wow factor.

What about a Gin, Prosecco or Cocktail bar?

We are able to provide bars to suit you and your event with trained staff e.g. Prosecco and Gin Bar, Cocktail Bar, Italian Bar.

How competitive are your bar prices?

You will find that the prices we charge for drinks are in line with your local gastro pub.

I'd like something unique, can I design a mobile bar package for my event?

Yes. The fact that we can offer a customisable mobile bar package provides you with the ultimate in flexibility. We can provide a paid bar service at your event or we can offer a bar service which works to the budget you set. We offer 4 different base packages as a guideline;

a fully “Cash Bar” – this is where your guests pay for their drinks themselves.
a “Limited Client-Paid Free Bar” – this is where you as the client can say that your guests can enjoy a free bar up to a certain value, and after this limit has been reached then it reverts into a normal “Paid Bar”.
a “Client-Paid Free Bar” – this is where you as the client provides payment up front for a free bar facility for all your guests for the event, the approximate price of which can be estimated together with us pre-event.
a “revenue share bar” – this is where we share a % of the revenue based upon it being a fully “Cash Bar”

Can you supply bar furniture if we need it?

We can provide a small number of chairs and coffee style tables. Should you need more we can work with you on selecting a suitable supplier who can meet your needs.

Do you offer soft and non-alcohol drinks?

Yes, we offer soft and non-alcohol drinks on all our mobile bars. And, as an added bonus for you, as part of our commitment to drinking responsibly, we’re happy to offer soft and non-alcohol drinks to designated drivers at your event.

We can provide a fully non-alcoholic bar consisting of no-alcohol beers, ciders and mocktails.

Monies, licensing and insurance.

Do I have to pay a deposit?

Yes. In order to secure your booking, you will need to pay a deposit of £250 by bank transfer. Once you have paid this deposit, you will receive an email confirmation of your booking.

When do I need to pay the balance?

Any outstandin balances are due at least 14 days prior to the event start date.

What happens if I need to cancel for whatever reason?

Your deposit is non-refundable, and you would need to cancel your event at least 7 days prior to the planned date of the event to avoid incurring any additional charges to this.

If cancellation is within 7 days of the event, there is a further charge of £250.

What happens if I need to change the date?

In the event you have to postpone your date and we cannot accommodate your new date, we will at our discretion provide a refund (less any costs incurred e.g. temporary alcohol licence, etc).

Do you offer payment plans to help spread the cost?

Flowing Events offer payment plans for all pre-paid/hosted events in order to help you budget. Simple talk with one of the event concierge team and agree how much you’d like to pay per month.

Do you charge for installation or have any hidden fees?

All our mobile bar packages are customisable, some need set-up and others don’t, but confirmation of all the associated fees payable by you will be outlined in the proposal you receive from us.

Do I need to apply for any licenses?

Depending on the type of bar/event we will advise you on whether there is a need to apply for a temporary event notice for the sale of alcohol. There is a small additional fee of £21 for this payable to the local council.

How to tell whether you need an alcohol licence

Thankfully there’s a simple rule of thumb to help you through the confusion. Where there is no retail sale, there is no need to obtain an alcohol licence. If the alcohol is free to the end consumer, then it cannot be licensable as there will be no retail sale to them.

Still sounding a little complicated? Have a read of the Nationwide Catering Association examples.

Do you have public liability and employers insurance?

Yes. We are covered to £10 million.

Our converted vehicles, setup and dismantling.

When will you set up and dismantle for the event?

This depends upon the bar you choose and the requirements. Some of our mobile bars need more set-up time than the others. Again, we will work with you not only to customise the bar package you need, but also the service you need, a part of which is agreeing the set-up and dismantle arrangements.

Tell me about the vehicles measurements?

Vehicle Dimensions: These are the vehicle dimensions you need to be aware of should the vehicle(s) need manoeuvring into position:

VW classic campervan: Length 4,280 mm (168.5 in), Width 1,720 mm (67.7 in) and Height 1,940 mm (76.4 in). The VW Classic Camper is sometimes transported on a trailer and therefore you’ll need to provide parking for a VW Transporter Van (or similar) with a trailer whilst the event is taking place
Piaggio Ape: Length 2,500 mm, Width 1,260 mm and Height 1,590 mm. The Piaggio Ape is transported on a trailer and therefore you’ll need to provide parking for a VW Transporter Van (or similar) with a trailer whilst the event is taking place